Monday 14 July 2008

Independent Shop Guide Website

The Independent Shop Guide website is still very much under construction on my laptop. I have a pretty good idea of what it is going to look like, but I am struggling to impose my will on the code at the moment so it actually resembles what it should look like. Setting up a website is a curious business. Like writing an e-mail you have to think through what the person the other side of the screen is going to get out of it. Unlike an e-mail, you also have to think through what the computer is going to do to your idea as well. The important thing is what the potential shopper is going to make of it. I need to give them all the information they need to make a journey to somewhere they have never been before with the intention of shopping when they get there. And I need to make sure that the website design helps rather than hinders that intention. I just hope it all comes together soon.

No comments: